Saturday, March 24, 2007

Sleeping quite well in Seattle

I visited Seattle for the first time in 2003 Dec. Since then I always wanted to come here and stay. And now after 3 years, I am here for my new job. It is quite exciting, the weather is nice. Yes, I said that Seattle weather is nice! But after living in north-east in freezing cold and shoveling snow from the car N number of times, this is quite good. Well it rains pretty much every day, but I am from Bombay and I like rain.

So my journey was quite nice and I am settled in my temp housing now. The apartment is well equipped with utensils and is also furnished. The TV has cable. But the remote control is TV based, so it is not easy to see which channel shows what. There is TBS. So I can watch 'Friends' all the time. The interiors of the apartments are really nice and they have taken care to make them aboder-friendly.

As for the commute, I took a difficult route for the first two days. Rookie mistake. Thanks to a friend Rohit, I have been taking a much better route since then. It goes along the Alaskan Way and has waterfront on one end with nice restaurants and fish bars. It feels as if I am going on the Marine Drive due to the Elliot Bay on one end, especially in the evening.

Whats more, I am sleeping quite well in Seattle.

1 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck in Seattle Sumod, wish you the best. Hope to visit you one day. Take care :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home