Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ratio of pasta to water.... finally

I love Italian food. But of course considering my limited gamut in the arena of cooking, I can only boil pasta and then add sauce to it. I prefer 'penne' pasta to others because it can be easily picked with a fork. Rigati is also nice, but angel hair really presents challenge. Now that I have not so subtly bragged about my knowledge of different types of pasta, let me come to the point.

For many days I was not sure how much water I need to add to the pasta. i.e. what should be the ratio of pasta to water when I cook it. I always ended up adding much water and so the wastage of water used to give me a guilty feeling.

So today I took one cup of pasta and four cups of water. First I heated water till it started to boil and then added pasta to it. Occasional stirring and cooking for about 12 minutes resulted in a perfectly cooked pasta and with very little water remaining. I must say that since I have electric cooking range, I switched it off after 9 minutes.

I am glad that I have finally found the correct ratio of pasta to water. Now I am free to experiment more with my Italian cooking. Viva Italia!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Prasanna said...

Marathi manasa, you need to provide pictures of different pastas, sathi marathi manus doesn't know all kinds of pasatas... We are proud of you cooking and relishing pasta with just as ease you do Sabudana wada.

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am гegular reader, hoω are уou еverybodу?
Thіs artiсle posted at this web site is really nice.


Also viѕit mу web site - House buying tips

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Juanita said...

thanks for caring about wasted water.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home