Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Typhoon..

Sometimes it helps to take decisions on the fly, or rather while on a drive. Tonight I was going to eat outside but was less than certain of the place. So while at the intersection of 160th avenue NE and Redmond Way, I decided to make a left turn at 161st NE and go to Typhoon.

Typhoon is a Thai restaurant in Redmond that I intended to visit for some time. I like to eat different kinds of cuisine and Thai is among my favourites. So Typhoon it was supposed to be.

At the entrance, to the left, was the welcome desk with some candys. To the right was the statue of a Buddhist monk. The couch and chair were giving an impression of "Bamboo" style furniture.

The restaurant itself was nicely dim lit. I prefer light in a restaurant to the absence of it. But you do not want so much of light that will not let you enjoy your meal in the privacy you deserve. The tables and chairs were brown and square.

I was given three menus. One for the meal, one for tea and one for wines. It was interesting to see so many varieties of tea. I learnt that some exotic types of tea can cost as much as $3000 a pound. I had veg. Panang Curry with white rice. One thing that kind of struck me was that they would not give rice with the curry. This is the first time I had to order rice separately. Interesting practice as it might seem, they do include rice at lunch but not for dinner. I chose veg. food because generally at a new place I tend to eat veg. food for the first time at least. The water jar was of peculiar shape which I cannot describe and the glass was just perfect. Not too thick or broad and would hold enough water for one thirst.

The food was pretty good and the service was quick. It cost little more than what I used to pay in restaurants around DC. But the quantity was more and quality was better. So I do not feel like I wasted any money.

There was a separate section for Bar and outdoor sitting was also provided. All in all, it seemed like a cozy place where one can indulge oneself with his companions or alone once in a while.

My assessment: Cost: $$, Quality: **

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home